Tuesday 17 November 2009

Tunes For a Tuesday

Bombay Bicycle Club- Always Like This



I have virgin ears to this band, who were thrust into the musical spotlight after winning Channel 4's "Road to V" competition that saw new bands competing to perform the opener at a V Festival (creds to TB). They released an album - 'I had the blues but I shook them loose' in June 09, and their single 'Always Like This' features on it.

I love this song, the lead singer has a quality in his voice that reminds me of Anthony and the Johnsons, a sort of haunting, melodic, macabre yet beautiful tone that is honey to the eardrum. Also the guitars remind me of The Holloways- Generator, which never fails to make me sing along. Fearne Cotton is championing this record on Radio 1 at the moment so it won't be long before Bombay Bicycle Club become a permanent fixture on the airwaves- or so I hope.

Timbaland feat. So Shy and Nelly Furtardo - Morning After Dark



RnB heavyweight (pun intended) Producer Timbaland is back with 'Morning After Dark' with 1 out of 2 of his posse on the record, the nasal and slightly annoying Nelly Furtardo. Having said that, this tune is everything you would expect from the man who should really stop appearing in his own videos, slick beats, synths with an electro vibe and of course voice distortion. Not groundbreaking, but infectious and should get the girls on the dancefloors.

Love, SGS xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment