Tuesday 6 April 2010

Easter happened... I went MIC(hocolate)A.

Easter allsorts



Apologies for the lack of posts, Easter happened and erm I sort of lost track of my days, got lost in a chocolate haze and didn't go near a computer!

So today I've decided to a do a jumble of posts like an Easter pick n mix to try and make up for my lack of posts over the past couple of days.

Internal interviews - easier than an external interview?



Tomorrow I have an interview (whoop-ish) for an internal vacancy in the company and I'm wondering how different it will be to external interviews. I've never had an internal interview before and I'm guessing it's a bit different on a few levels, rightly or wrongly I do feel more comfortable about it...

1. I don't have to worry about the location of the interview or sign into reception.. I know the building code baby!
2. I don't have to shake hands and fake laugh at appropriate moments, I already know the people interviewing me
3. Hopefully no curve ball questions..... "How would you implement an equality and diversity policy?" (Shudders at memory of Sport Relief interview)
4. They already know me so I won't get the inevitable question about the origin of my name... phew!
5. If they say, "We'll let you know by the end of the day/week" they more than likely will, rather than not let you know anything for 2 weeks until you feel stalker-like with emails and phone messages.

Tune for a Tuesday

This week I'm doin' the hustle to...

Lostprophets - For he's a jolly good felon



Lostprophets have been around since 1997 and hail from Pontypridd, or to any other Welsh person.. plain old Ponty! Sometimes shouty, Ian Watkins is the lead singer of the nu-metal/new wave/hard rock group who have had chart success notably with 'Rooftops' and 'Last train home'. I like this tune for making me think of summer and the fact it's not too shouty and the goths and emos would shout 'Townie' at me for liking it :-)

Pixie Lott- Win the clobber she designed

So a couple of months back I posted that Pixie Lott was designing a range for Lipsy and lo behold you can win all the clobber worth £800 by clicking the link.



These dresses are from the Pixie Party range.. and curiously look A LOT like any other designed Lipsy dresses, crepe fabric, bejeweled and just very Lipsy like. So very cute, feminine and bang on colour trend but not very original.



From the Pixie Festival range that will feature bleached denim, fringing and slouchy vests. Out of the three looks in the picture I definitely prefer the middle, the bustier style bleached denim dress and cute hair bow is a good summer look with an edge.

I'm not overly impressed so far with these pictures but I'll wait to see the whole collection before being too disappointed and let's face it, who would say no to free clothes!!

Love, SGS xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment