Tuesday 15 June 2010

Life after Glee... 3 easy steps to cope with your loss.


I shed an inevitable tear at the Glee finale last night and have since been pondering my show choir-less Monday nights. I suspect that I'm not alone in my despair at the loss of Glee (for now anyway) the finale on E4 pulled in 1.5million viewers and clogged my news feed on Facebook with Glee appreciation. 

So if like me you are a Gleek, then I have 3 ideas to fill the 9pm-10pm void on Monday nights.

1.Set up your own Glee club 

This requires immense dedication and friends who can sing. If you have stereotype friends all the better - Neurotic (Rachel), Gay with impeccable fashion sense (Kurt), Bada$$ (Puck), Black Bootylicious Diva (Mercedes), Pregnant (Finn), Bitch (Santana), Loose (Britney), Boy growing into a man (Quinn), Disabled (Artie) and Asian with attitude (Tina).

Encouraged are are frenemies, arguments, betrayals, inter group relations and a pregnancy.... more to sing about see?!

2. Utilise your inner Sue Sylvester

Dig out those Adidas tracksuits (you've got the trousers, admit it) and channel your inner Sue and wreak havoc on unsuspecting people with curly hair - Mr Schue. Yep that's right, grab a whistle and a megaphone and let todays curly haired men know 'How Sue C's it'.

Comments like the ones below are encouraged:

"I spent large segments of each day picturing you choking on food, and I recently contacted an exotic animal dealer because I had a very satisfying dream that I once shoved your face into one of those pink-inflamed monkey butts".

"Your hair looks like a briar patch. I keep expecting racist, animated Disney characters to pop up and start singing about living on the bayou".

3. During 9pm-10pm only live your life through the medium of song

Every phone call you receive, every conversation and every movement can be recorded using song... think of the possibilities, there could be different themed weeks - just like Glee :)

Lady GaGa - a friend rings and you answer (to the music of Telephone) 

"Hello, hello Amy you called I can hear you speak, sorry I did not text you back I'm kinda busy, k-k-kinda busy, sorry I did not text you back I'm kinda busy"

Pixie Lott - you are on the toilet (to Mamma Do) 

"Coz, I'm stuck on the loo (uh-oh-uh-oh) don't know if its number 1 or 2 (uh-oh-uh-oh) I really hope I don't poo (uh-oh-uh-oh) that's not what I wanna do"

These should keep us going for at least 10 mins :) if not I suggest watching re-runs on Youtube.

Love, SSGS xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment