Thursday 6 May 2010

Use your vote: You've got until 10pm

How could I not comment on the General Election on polling day?!



I don't claim to be an expert on politics, I have more general knowledge about things that make barely any difference to the world at all.... Sex and the City, Twilight and Louboutins, oh yes I'm very much a Heat generation kinda gal.

I do recognise the importance of using my vote, we 'the people' don't often get the power to voice our opinions on a national stage. Ok, so we can vote for our favourite wannabe on X Factor, but choosing an airhead with a decent voice hardly has a dramatic impact on our day to day lives does it?

The next leader of Britain has a very tough job on their hands, the recent economic situation will have impacted everyone, whether it's redundancy, mortgages, house prices or even petrol costs. The war in Iraq is a topic where everyone has an opinion and something that has seriously dented the chances of another Labour government. There are so many issues that impact our lives in one way or another, and it's up to us to decide who we think is best capable of tackling them.

If you are unsure who to vote for then do what I did and try this website Vote Match. It'll give you statements from policies of the parties and determine who best to vote from your answers, my results were exceptionally close to one another but I think it confirmed what I had already been thinking.

Remember: Use it, Don't lose it!! 


Love, SGS xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment