Tuesday 4 May 2010

Radio 1 Big Weekend in Bangor: Pob lwc I fi.

If you're not a Radio 1 fan then perhaps you won't know, but they are holding their annual Big Weekend event on May 22nd/23rd in Bangor... yes that's Wales, North Wales (Google map it). As a person from South Wales I can say that I've never been to Bangor, I've been to New York, Morocco and Edinburgh but never Bangor.

I'm not a festival person, I like the idea of Hunter wellies and a summer dress but not after sleeping in a tent and disregarding your personal hygiene. So that's why this is perfect for me, it's one day and is fully commutable to (very annoying I could get to London in the same amount of time it would take to get to Bangor).

I've registered for tickets for Sunday, after an agonising decision whether to go for the Saturday or Sunday that is. In credit the line up for both days (minus some shite) is very good. Common sense prevailed and I decided I didn't want to be slobbered on and/or eaten by Justin Bieber fans on the Saturday in the miniscule chance I actually win tickets.

The full line up can be seen here. To give you a taste here are the line ups for the Main Stage:

Saturday
  • Florence and The Machine
  • Dizzee Rascal
  • Alicia Keys
  • Lostprophets
  • Cheryl Cole
  • Justin Bieber
  • Chipmunk
  • 30 Seconds To Mars
  • Scouting For Girls (shite)
Sunday
  • Rihanna
  • Pendulum
  • Biffy Clyro
  • Ke$ha (shite live - auto tune it please)
  • JLS
  • Paramore
  • Jason Derulo (pure shite)
  • Pixie Lott
  • Paolo Nutini
Fearne Cotton has just announced the acts that will be performing in the Live Lounge tents:

Saturday: Florence, Lost Prophets, Example and Joe McEldry (he has a mangina*)
Sunday: Taio Cruz, Kate 'bit-ah' Nash, Diana 'claw' Vickers and Biffy Clyro

I'll let you know on Thursday.
Love, SGS xoxo
* not confirmed

No comments:

Post a Comment