Tuesday 9 February 2010

Tunes for a Tuesday

This week I'm digging....

Wiley feat. Emeli Sande - Never be your woman



Wiley is cool - FACT, he is named after one of the Thundercats.. awesome!! Wiley or Mr Grime/ King Grime has been on the underground scene for years and moved into the mainstream scene in 2008 with his chart friendly single 'Wearing my Rolex'. This single takes the hook from White Towns 'Your Woman' and gives it a kick up the backside, with smart beats and lets face a bit of grime, Cheers Wiley!


Gramophonedzie - Why don't you




In 1943 American jazz singer and proper dame Peggy Lee recorded 'Why Don't You Do Right?' and in 2009 Serbian Producer Gramphoneszie gave it a swing house makeover and aint it grand? Love it! Not heard something like this since Audiobullys tanked up Nancy Sinatra 'My baby shot me down' with a bit of drum n bass flavour. Loving it!

Band of Skulls - I know what I am



Band of Skulls are a Southampton band unbeknowns to me until now, infact I have heard them before I didn't realise they are featured on the New Moon Soundtrack. I never look at the back so didn't realise they had recorded 'Friends' and what a track that is. This track is just as good, and I definately want to hear more!

Love, SGS xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment