Tuesday 9 March 2010

Tunes for a Tuesday

This week I'm mainly grooving to....

Hadouken! - Mic Check




Sampling a garage classic like 'Never Gonna Let You Go' by Tina Moore is IMO always a good thing. Hadouken! are a British band haiing from oop north, Leeds infact is where they were formed when lead singer James Smith and Daniel 'Pilau' Rice met at University. The sound is dirty, grimey and you can tell that Smith originally had roots in the UK Garage scene in 2004 despite his shouty kind of voice.... I LOVE it!

Cheryl Cole - Parachute



From grimey to mimey (aren't I clever) is the nations favourite geordie, minus Jeff from Byker Grove, Cheryl Cole. 'Parachute' is Chezza's third single from rather good album '3 Words' and sees a sexy goth like Cheryl dance seductively with a man who looks like a Ken doll. Chezza sings about not falling out of love, and me and you up against the world.. bet the PR are smacking themselves on the head with this.. Poor Chezza :(

Paramore - The only exception



Paramore have only crept onto my radar in the last year or so, but I'm so pleased I found them! The Tennesse band had their track 'Decode' on the Twilight soundtrack and Twihards (erm, like me) lapped it up, just the right sort of emo and moodyness needed for a great film track. 'The only exception' is taken from their third album 'Brand New Eyes' and showcases lead singer Hayley Williams vocals perfectly, I can only describe the song as lovely and an instantly pleasant to the ear.

Love, SGS xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment