Friday 19 March 2010

Fashion Fix Friday

From everyday drab to red carpet fab.. how K-Stew has been charming the red carpets

Naughty me, I haven't written a FFF post in quite some time... so after the slap on the wrists I'm going to endeavour to be better and keep the FFF blog posts bang on trend, and time.

I am a BIG fan of the Oscars, partly because of the films but I must admit it's the fashion that really interests me. It's an occasion for the stars to spend an entire day getting pampered, preened and then scrutinised on the red carpet. It's also a chance for designers to put the stars in couture and some fabulous dresses emerge from the wood work

For me, Diane Kruger, Miley Cyrus, Sandra Bullock, Cameron Diaz, Meryl Streep, SJP, Maggie Gyllenhall and in particular Anna Kendrick and Kristen Stewart should be applauded for their dress choices. Ranging from Chanel Couture and Oscar de la Renta the dresses were all very different but so, so right.

So I've decided to concentrate on one particular star, Kristen Stewart. I was pleasently surprised at the Oscars to see Kristen in a absolutely gorgeous Monique Lhullier navy dress that suited her petite frame perfectly.



Now I kind of like K-Stews day time appearance, knotted t-shirts, skinny jeans and Converse is clearly what she is comfortable in and the look suits her. It's a far cry from the red carpet, but it does get a tad boring seeing her in pictures wearing the same combination.



Here are my Top 5 Kristen fashion 'Hell Yes! and 'Hell No!' moments...

In L.A for the New Moon premiere



I'm a big fan of Oscar de la Renta but I don't think this dress does much for Kristen at all. The colour makes her look ill, the cut makes her look totally flat chested and the length practically swallows her whole... eeek!

MTV Movie Awards 2009



Kristen rocks this Yigal Azrouƃl black and red patterned dress superbly, the belt accentuates her tiny waist and the red looks great with smoky eyes and dark hair. Shame about the converese, but her ankle was hurting...

'Adventureland' Premiere 2009



Wowzas!! Tight, orange and pink with a seductive open back... Kristen looks a total vixen in this Herve Leger dress and the red lips and up do are a great combination. I like this look, K-Stew does sex-pot very well!

New Moon NYC Premiere



Ick, I am not liking this colour on K-Stew at all. Unfortunately I think the olive crepe fabric of the Valentino dress just washes her out and the hair is just awful. Sadly she had to cut it into a shaggy mullet for her Joan Jett role and it was clearly causing problems. Saving grace are the Sergio Rossi black heels, Ick.

Runaways Premiere in NYC



I'll end on a good note, Kristen with a beaded Pucci mini dress and trusty Rossi peep toes... just gorgeous. I think 2010 will be a VERY good year of fashion for Kristen, bet she won't give up the converse though :)

Lots of love, SGS xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment