Monday 8 November 2010

Eminem + Me = Peas in a Pod

First things first, I apologise. I said I would be a better Blogger and I've failed miserably... what can I say life gets in the way, as does a dodgy laptop, pressure from work and having a full planner on my Sky + box.


Anyway, yes, me and Eminem could be siblings - share the same blood etc. I mean come on, his name is Eminem, my name is Emina (It's not Short Girl - my mother would've been a monster to do that)...


I'm fooling no-one, luckily I've never lived anywhere near the 313, spewed on my jumper, choked in an onstage battle or had a volatile relationship with a woman named Kim. However what I can relate to is the message in this song below, 'Lose Yourself'



Unlike Eminem was, I am not trying to break into the music industry. I am simply trying to find a little happiness from a job. I feel I've been sad with what I do for a long time, many things have contributed to this but ultimately in my current job I feel like the algae in a pond - stagnant, unwanted and a tad green.


So this week I have a real chance to change that and move onwards and I want to give myself the best possible chance to do so.


So I will heed the chorus from 'Lose Yourself' and chanel my inner Eminem (minus the cussing)


You better lose yourself in the music, the moment 
You own it, you better never let it go go 
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow 
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo


Love, SGS xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment