Wednesday 11 August 2010

Do you dare to dream?


I am a person that has high expectations, not in life generally but from myself. I know the things I am capable of and the person I am and strive to be and I hope or dare to dream that things in my life will be live upto my expectations.

One of these expectations (you may already guess it) is having a good job.

I want a good job, I want to mentally stimulated, motivated and enthusiastic about what I do.... but is that way of thinking just leading to more disappointment?

Some of the interviews I have had in the past have been with some incredible companies and organisations and the opportunities presented have been genuinely exciting. I'll list some to see if you'd feel the same...
  • London Olympics 2010
  • Millennium Stadium
  • Comic Relief
  • Sport Relief
  • The Prince's Trust
Any of those floating your boat? because they are certainly floating mine.

Sadly I wasn't successful in any of those jobs, the dream capsized on those opportunities but just going to the interviews with some of those organisations was completely inspiring. I know any one of those opportunities would've given me the job satisfaction I crave, and so I refuse to believe that there are no jobs that can't make you happy in some capacity.

Of course, not getting these opportunities was very disappointing and to a point upsetting, the higher the aim the further you have to fall and it does lead me to wonder if it's worth pursuing a dream?

It might be considered stupid for me to dream about getting what I deem is a good job, but I think if no one had dreams or pursued them the world might be a boring place. I like having something to aim for and although I get disappointed easily then I am glad that I can bring my focus back to achieving something I've wanted for a long time.

I'm not one of those people that think that I am never going to enjoy work, I have been in a job where I literally lived for work, love what I did and maybe you could argue that gave me a false idea of what work really is but I cannot shake that feeling of being proud of what you do.

Work is such a big part of our lives, we spend most of out time there (minus teachers, gits) and why shouldn't we enjoy at least part of what we do?

I don't want to just live for the weekend, I want to live for every day and I'm not going to give up on my dream even if it's painful and agonising along the way.

I'm going to channel the power of @kanyewest @iamdiddy and @revrun on Twitter who constantly send out positive vibes.

Love, SGS xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment