Monday 25 January 2010

Home Sweet Home

Guess who's back in town?



Yes, that's right SGS is absolutely back in town after the rather fabulous visit to NYC last week. I am in a rather "down with Britain" kind of mood at the moment, I just ADORE the Big Apple. So rather than witter on for paragraphs I shall list some brilliant things about the city, which should hopefully sway your decision to visit if you never have!

Now they say home is where the heart is, and I can see why that statement rings true. Your heart is occupied by the ones you love the most, your family (not the crazy extended family) your beloved, friends and even pets. Yet somehow I think I have left a piece of mine in New York - cheese factor 7/10. I truly believe I could live there and be happy with The Boy, minus missing some of my other heart pieces.

Here is why:

1. There is ALWAYS something to see - my advice would be to walk as much as you can, and look up... the buildings are incredible and Times Square is always buzzing.

2. The people are friendly - we had help from New Yorkers when it came to transport, offering to take photographs, fixing bikes and even swiping me through the subway when I lost my card!

3. You are only a couple of blocks away from Central Park - the fact you can escape the hustle and bustle of the city and step into a park with trees, lakes and skating rinks is just incredible. The landscape is just beautiful..

4. Even the most shopping repellent people will find a shop for them in New York - 5th Avenue is incredible for the Fashionistas, Greenwich Village perfect for the little suburb shop types and Century 21 is a designer discount store that has to be visited! Even TB, not a shopping fan and fuss-aholic found shoes, pants, jumpers and polo shirts that he was pleased with.

5. The landscapes and architecture are fantastic, stroll over Brooklyn Bridge, go to Eliis and Liberty Island to see the Statue of Liberty and view the skyline, go to the 86th floor of the Empire State Building to have a 360 degree view of Manhattan, marvel at the instantly recognisable Chrysler Building, Flat Iron Building and Trump Tower.

I could go on, but I won't... oh and the food, the food is something else. I'm in currently in Peanut Butter heaven.

So wherever your home is, remember to leave some heart behind.

Love, SGS xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment