Thursday 2 September 2010

Autumn/Winter 2010 trend alert

Yes Sir. Military is back!

I can mostly take and leave fashion trends and recently I have found there have been hardly any trends that actually suit me and make the most of my figure.

Maxi dresses? I'm 5ft. Underwear as outerwear? I'm well over a B cup so I will not be displaying my bristols for the world to see. Micro minis? My pasty white thighs like being hidden thanks.

So I'm pleased that Miltary is back with a BANG (pun intended). I'm a fan of the edgy tailoring, lapels, buttons and khaki and the A/W 10 season is set to be littered with it.

The Marc by Marc Jacobs A/W 2010 show debuted back in Feburary and military set the tone, and although it's not his mainline show the line is always a tad quirkier and fun and it didn't disappoint.


Army jackets and coats belted with shirts, stripes and plaid were a major feature but beautifully done, the cut definitely complimented the female form.
A trend to have arisen from this is the skinny military/combat trouser and I adore them. Below is an example from Marc's show: black combat trouser with zipped pockets.


Here is Cheryl Cole looking rather fabulous in a khaki pair with a leather and high spiked heel inpired combination:


What I love about this look is that although it's got mascular connotations it really has a feminine edge with the cut of the trouser and the spiked heels.

I decided to have a look for a pair and see what I could team with them to achieve a similar look and I think you'll be surprised at the result.

I found these slim fitted khaki combat style trousers in Peacocks for just £18!!! They are 100% cotton have zipped pockets and larger pockets on the thigh/knee area.


Peacocks' website describe them as "smart yet feminine, these slim leg combat trousers are cut to flatter, giving an elegant silhouette. A stylish, fashionable look". I think they are completely right, they are comfortable and would probably suit most figures and have a fashion forward masc/fem edge.
 
I decided the top would have to be fitted but I wanted something that would be fitted to the waist, have sleeves but also a cowl neck or a looser fitting up the top. H&M to the rescue where I got a bat wing sleeved but fitted at the waist ruched black top for £9.99. Here Ladies and Gentleman is the reveal.....
 

I'm no model or Cheryl Cole so please excuse my awkward stance, bemused expression and poor shot set up, but I think you get the idea.

I teamed the combination with Firetrap shoes that I bought on sale about two years ago but I do have spiked black platforms I could wear, I just liked the bronze detail on the shoes (also ticking another A/W 10 trend). To complete the look I would also add a studded short leather jacket that I think would work well.



If you like the trend get yourself to Peacock and snap up a pair of those khaki combat trousers, at only £18 it would be a shame not to wouldn't it? Yes Sir!

Roll on Autumn....

Love, SGS xoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment