Thursday 29 July 2010

Always look on the bright side of life

I'm back, with two arms



I can only apologise for my lack of blogs lately, as you might know I'm in post shoulder operation recovery and with that comes a multitude of minor/major things to deal with that are ultimately time consuming and tedious.


Anyway, since my last blog things are generally looking up. My sling has come off and my right arm no longer continues to be a sweaty mess stuck to my clothes, hurrah, and I am slowly but surely regaining movement and strength in my shoulder.


I have just started back driving and I cannot tell you what it feels like to be able to be independent in that way again. I'm not a hater of general transport (apart from buses) I do like train journeys, but the last six weeks having to run/speed walk to catch trains with a sling on has been a real pain in the ass.


Next week looks set to be busy but exciting and potentially rewarding which fills me with glee. I have a meeting to discuss a vacancy with an organisation with offices just up the road (lazy girl in me prays this is fruitful for 'roll out of bed' work scenario) also an interview with Comic Relief for a job based in the Cardiff BBC offices. I feel determined, motivated and excited about the prospect of having a new challenge in my life.


Lately I have been pessimistic, down in the dumps and probably not a pleasure to be around most of the time (TB can verify this) and yes I can attribute some of this feeling to the frustration and boredom I have felt since dealing with the recovery process of the operation. However, it's also my state of mind and approach to my predicament that put me in a 'funk'. I've decided to shut the hell up and be more positive.


SGS's Shut the hell up and be grateful for list

  • I now live and have a flat with TB in Cardiff, we are no longer living apart and seeing each other every other weekend (his pants on the floor annoy me, but so what?!)
  • I have a wonderful family who love and support me and put up with my only child behaviour
  • My friends are also great and continue to male me smile and support me
  • I have two great opportunities next week and if nothing comes of them then I will have gained more experience and must realise there will be more
So, if like me you ever feel down in the dumps please try and remember that there is a bright side of life, sometimes it gets overshadowed, but it's always there.

Love, SGS xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment